Monday 22 October 2012

Problem with Digipak Concept

   Whilst in the middle of designing my Owl City digipak I encountered an extremely annoying dilemma. My original concept design was a city in the clouds, I was going to use a landscape shot of London, specifically the skyline from either Primrose Hill or on from a view point in Epping Forest near my house. I was then going to merge this image with another image of a cloud to make it look like london was in a cloud.
   However, it turns out, Owl City's first Album has an alternative album cover (one I didn't know existed) which has a city in the clouds as well. Now I need to design a new concept idea and complete it before half term. Although this is extremely aggravating, it's good that I realised when I did. Also, I've now learnt to make sure I have absolutely looked at all albums of an artist AND the alternative cover designs. Another positive thing about this incident is it shows I have an accurate understanding of how the artist is represented.


Original Album Cover

My Unfinished Album Cover (without colours added)

No comments:

Post a Comment